I have two that I like.
Hungarian Pastries (Kifli)
* An 8 oz. block of cream cheese
* 2 sticks butter(1 cup)
* 2 1/2 cup flour
* Apricot preserves
(1) Cream butter and creamcheese.
(2) Add flour roll out thin Cut into rectangles or use circle cookie cutter
(3) Fill rounds with spoonful of jam Pinch closed and place on ungreased cookie sheet
(4) Bake at 350 F. til golden (10 min.?) (5) Turn over in confectioners sugar to coat.
4 c. unsifted flour
2 c. butter
4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 c. dairy sour cream
1 egg, beaten
1 1/4 lb. walnuts (ground)
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
1 Tbsp. almond extract
2 egg whites whipped
(1)Cut butter into flour with pastry blender
til mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg
yolks and sour cream. Stir.
Turn out on lightly floured surface
knead until smooth and shape into ball. (If
too sticky, use more flour.)
(2)Filling: Combine nuts, sugar, milk, extract,
and egg white; blend well.
(3) Heat oven to 400 degrees and grease cookie
(4)On floured surface, roll out quarter of dough
at a time to measure,16 by 12 inches,1/4 inch
thick. Cut into 2 inch squares.
(5)Place generous 1/2 tsp. filling in each square,
then overlap two opposite corners. Pinch edges
to seal. Place on cookie sheets and brush
with beaten egg.
(6)Bake 10 to 12 minutes til golden. Roll in
I actually have all my favorite cooky recipes on the net…inside the Christmas Page I made. Not updated, but hey- I blog now.
**** That was then. Now I do update the Christmas Page which has it’s own domain and everything 🙂