…to a recipe he recommends for Key Lime Pie. I love Key Lime Pie! This is a very simple recipe that he says he uses ( from Nellie & Joe’s Key West Lime Juice )
Nellie & Joe’s Key Lime Pie
* 1-9″ graham cracker pie shell
* 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
* 3 egg yolks (whites not used)
* 1/2 cup Nellie & Joe’s Key West Lime Juice
Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with freshly whipped cream and garnish with lime slices.
While I was on the site, I found this:
* 1Â½ cups shredded cabbage
* Â½ cup diced cucumbers
* 1 ripe mango, peeled, cut from pit and diced
* 1 red bell pepper, cored, deveined and diced
* 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
* 6 green onions, thinly sliced
* Â¼ cup watercress, stemmed
* 4-6 tablespoons Nellie & Joeâ€™s Key West Lime Juice
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* Combine all ingredients in a bowl, toss and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
That sounds so good, but I probably will substitute something for the watercress, which isn’t easily available to me. I’m thinking fresh cilantro, which always goes well with lime, or baby lettuces? That sounds really good to me. maybe both.
Thanks, Ocean Guy!