That question could take all sorts of tones.
I feel more in control, while at the same time less controlling; which I think is the natural turn of that correlation. controlling people are that way often because they feel so insecure about how little control they have in their lives. It seems to be a way of achieving sense and order inside a very chaotic existence.
But the more sense one makes of life, the less need to orchestrate everything, and manipulate. Oh yes, I like it!
To be my usual didactic self…
- I am putting together my plans of resuming the age-old efforts at decluttering.
- Tightening up my blogging plans and efforts, which hallelujah, means more posts
- Paying more attention to the world of stocks, hoping to make up for the fact that I have not had a paying job for the majority of life as a SAHM
- Finishing up my homeschooling career this coming year
- Changing my life. Focus on exercise, eating better, drawing- then painting, reviving spiritual life.
This starts to sound like a list of New Years resolutions, doesn’t it? Perhaps it is the influence of Rosh Hashanah, and Yom Kippur, which fall in September, thereabouts. We think we change times and seasons in the modern age… but we don’t really. The times of sowing and harvest, of moons and observations somehow remain and exert their influence even when we blithely ignore them.
Better to celebrate, to flow within the natural course of life, then always reinvent. Just as a general statement, mind you?