1) Where did you graduate from and what year?
no comment… semblance of privacy and all….
2) Did u have school pride?
Considering the times, yes. It was the Age of Aquarius, so that is a matter of relativity.
3) Was your prom a night to remember?
I went to a couple proms or so, they didn’t live up to the hype.
4) Do you own all 4 Yearbooks?
5) What was the worst trouble you ever got into?
The worst…hmmm, you mean in school? I thought I had the perfect setup for cutting classes. I didn’t, and it cost me months of detention time. I tell people that I am so honest because I always got caught. That last part is true. It might be caused from my inability to lie, rather than vice versa, however.
6) What kind of people did you hang out with?
Many types… I was one of those people who can move between groups. True story: because I didn’t do drugs, but hung with druggie people sometimes, I was rumored to be a narc. Which my friend thought would be a fun prank to play. Unfortunately, druggies don’t have a sense of humor or graciousness about such things. The experience underlined my repugnance of what drugs do to people. Mostly I hung out with the popular and the intellectual, although I was fringe in both. Can you understand why I didn’t ever feel I fit? Didn’t commit, maybe.
7) What was your number 1 choice of College in HS?
#1 choice was University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
8) What radio station did u rock out too?
WCOL – it was THE rock station at the time, it is country now.
9) Were you involved in any organizations or clubs?
Lots. had to fill up that yearbook description.
10) What were your favorite classes in high school?
English, Political Science, Art, Choir
11) Who was your big crush in High School?
Phil…but he ended up breaking my heart.
12) Would you say youâ€™ve changed a lot since high school?
Totally in some ways, but in other ways, too bad I hadn’t. Punctuality problems and too many dreams are still my hallmark.
13) What do you miss the most about it?
What I really really miss is how easy it was to have passionate debates on the big questions and issues and still walk away friends, maybe more of a friend than @ the beginning. I realize now how rare that is.
14) Your worst memory of HS?
Besides the awful way kids treat each other? Um. My homeroom teacher hated me. Long story- but he sent me to the office for tardy slips if I wasn’t in my seat at the bell and succeeded in getting me kicked off student council for tardiness. You’d think I would have learned my lesson from that… but it seemed to ingrain my disregard for constructs of deadlines….better known as ‘being on time’. I took the consequences, and deserved them, but it goes to show that penalties are not the way to work with people like that.
15) Did you have a car?
No, and all my walking and bike riding gave me great legs for ever so many years;).
16) What were your school colors?
Maroon and Gold. Now some of you will know what high school I went to….
17) Who were your fav. teachers?
I have a hard time remembering their names. I had favorites in elementary school- want their names?
18) Did you own a cell phone in high school?
I’m from a different century. You had to rub it in, didn’t you? I did have a transistor radio, it was sort of the size and shape of a cell phone.
19) Did you leave campus for lunch?
No, ate cafeteria fare…. and survived.
20) If so, where was your fav. place to go eat?
After school I went to the local pizza hangout, but I don’t remember the name. This seems to be a pattern.
21) Were you always late to class?
22) Did you ever have to stay for Saturday School?
No, but i did have those above confessed detentions.
23) Did you ever ditch?
Only when invited.
24) What kind of Job did you have?
Counter @ hamburger place. Then in the University Cafeteria- hey it was high school.
25) Do you wish you were still in high school?
This is a space for those who need to vent their wrath, right? High School days were not happy times for me. I liked my thirties for the most part.